Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Destroyed Jeans Project

I started to rip my jeans this morning. As you can see, I used a regular razor like you would use to shave your legs. I put the jeans over one of the legs of my bed and proceeded to rub back and forth to get the frayed look that store bought destroyed jeans.
I did this at the knee, and did this again on the edge of the front pockets as well as the back pockets. To make sure I ripped the jeans in the spot I wanted, I took a permanent marker while I had the jeans over my knees and marked where I wanted to tear. I bleached the knee and a little on the back and front pockets. I plan to sew on some daisies I crocheted myself. My friend said I'd look like a hippie, but that just made me more excited to do it! [lol] I am going to wash and dry the jeans so the washing machine can do its thing! I'll do another post with the results! I am SUPER excited to wear them!
Note: You can also DIY this look yourself with a pair of your favorite old jeans as I did! They will have a natural wear and tear and will already be uber comfy and broken in. It will also be cheaper. Another option is to go to a thrift store or goodwill for cheap jeans that won't hurt your wallet! You can also hit stores like walmart or kmart for some cheap jeans that may be easier to DIY destroy. Purchase a pack of razors and bleach from the dollar store if not already available, and destroy away!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment